I’m bringing to everyone the book that seemingly began to change my life at the beginning of 2016.
Having already read the secret, my life still wasn’t changing. The change ultimately happened after a completely failed trip to Singapore for New Years Eve in 2015 (last time I will ever travel with friends), and the lightbulb went off in my head, “what is it that’s trying to emerge in my life right now?”
Something guided me to one of the biggest book stores in Bangkok at Siam Paragon and there it was: Napoleon Hill’s Law of Success sitting on a shelf, untouched, and still wrapped.
I bought the book which ultimately lead to my first ever podcasts which aren’t available on YouTube, so I decided to make blogs, remake the podcasts, and launch this.
If you’re looking for a starting point in your life, here it is. I’m going to go lesson by less, including podcasts alongside each one, about the fifteen Laws of Success. Here they are as followed…
- A Definite Chief Aim will teach you how to save wasted effort which the majority of people expend in trying to find their life-work. This lesson will show you how to do away forever with aimlessness and fix your heart and hand upon some definite, well conceived purpose as a life-work.
- Self-Confidence will help you master the six basic fears with which every person is cursed – the fear of Poverty, the fear of Ill Health, the fear of Old Age, the fear of Criticism, the fear of Loss of Love of Someone and the fear of Death. It will teach you the difference between egotism and real self-confidence which is based upon definite, usable knowledge.
- The Habit of Saving will teach you how to distribute your income systematically so that a definite percentage of it will steadily accumulate, thus forming one of the greatest known sources of personal power. No one may succeed in life without saving money. There is no exception to this rule, and no one may escape it.
- Initiative and Leadership will show you how to become a leader instead of a follower in your chosen field of endeavour. It will develop in you the instinct for leadership which will cause you gradually to gravitate to the top in all undertakings in which you participate.
- Imagination will stimulate your mind so that you will conceive new ideas and develop new plans which will help you in attaining the object of your Definite Chief Aim. This lesson will teach you how to “build new houses out of old stones,” so to speak. It will show you how to create new ideas out of old, well know concepts, and how to put old ideas to new uses. This one lesson, alone, is the equivalent of a ver practical course in salesmanship, and it is sure to prove a veritable gold mind of knowledge to the person who is in earnest.
- Enthusiasm will enable you to “saturate” all with whom you come in contact with interest in you and in your ideas. Enthusiasm is the foundation of a Pleasing Personality and you must have such a personality in order to influence others to co-operate with you.
- Self-Control is the “balance wheel” with which you control your enthusiasm and direct it where you wish it to carry you. This lesson will teach you, in a most practical manner, to become “the master of your fate, the Captain of your Soul.”
- The Habit of Doing More Than Paid For is one of the most important lessons in the Law of Success course. It will teach you how to make advantage of the Law of Increasing Returns, which will eventually insure you a return in money far out of proportion to the service you render. No one may become a real leader in any walk of life without practicing the habit of doing more work and better work than that for which he/she is paid.
- Pleasing Personality is the “fulcrum” on which you must place the “crow-bar” of your efforts, and when so placed, with intelligence, it will enable you to remove mountains of obstacles. This one lesson, alone, has made scores of Master Salesmen. It has developed leaders over night. It will teach you how to transform your personality so that you may adapt yourself to any environment, or to any other personality, in such a manner that you may easily dominate.
- Accurate Thought is one of the important foundation stones of all enduring success. This lesson teaches you how to separate “facts” from mere “information.” It teaches you how to organise known facts into two classes: the “important” and the “unimportant.” It reaches you how to determine what is an “important” fact. It teaches you how to build definite working plans, in the pursuit of any calling, out of FACTS.
- Concentration teaches you how to focus your attention upon one subject at a time until you have worked out practical loans for mastering that subject. It will teach you how to ally yourself with others in such a manner that you may have the use of their entire knowledge to back you up in your own plans and purposes. It will give you a practical working knowledge of the forces around you, and show you how to harness and use there forces in furthering your own interests.
- Co-Operation will teach you the value of team-work in all you do. In this lesson, you will be taught how to apply the law of the “mastermind” described in this Introduction and in Lesson One of this course. This lesson will show you how to co-ordinate your own efforts with those of others, in such a manner that friction, jealousy, strife, envy, and cupidity will be eliminated. You will learn how to make use of all that other people have learned about the work in which you are engaged.
- Profiting by FAILURE will teach you how to make stepping stones out of all of your past and future mistakes and failures. It will teach you the difference between “failure” and “temporary defeat,” a difference which is very great and very important. It will teach you how to profit by your own failures and by the failures of other people.
- Tolerance will teach you how to avoid the disastrous effects of racial and religious prejudices which mean defeat for millions of people who permit themselves to become entangled in foolish argument over these subjects, thereby poisoning their now minds and closing the door to reason and investigation. This lesson is the twin sister of one on Accurate Thoughts, for the reason that no one may become an Accurate Thinker without practicing tolerance. Intolerance closes the book of Knowledge and writes the cover, “Finis! I have learned it all!” Intolerance makes enemies of those who should be friends. It destroys opportunity and fills the mind with doubt, mistrust, and prejudice.
- Practicing The Golden Rule will teach you how to make use of this great Universal Law of human conduct in such a manner that you may easily get harmonious co-operation from any individual or group of individuals. Lack of understanding of the law upon which the Golden Rule philosophy is based is one of the major causes of failure of millions of people who remain in misery, poverty and want all their lives. This lesson has nothing whatsoever to do with religion in any form, nor with sectarianism, nor have any of the other lessons of this course on the Law of Success.
When you have mastered these Fifteen Laws and made them your own, as you may do within a period of from fifteen to thirty weeks, you will be ready to develop sufficient personal power to insure the attainment of your Definite Chief Aim.
With all of these being said, and how this has drastically changed the outcome over a one year period, join me on this journey.
Podcast – https://www.spreaker.com/episode/11122199