I wanted to do another rundown of conditionals so you all have a more thorough understanding. If you understand conditionals, not only will it improve your score by about 5-10 questions on Part 5, but also improve your writing – enabling you to use complex structures rather than simple structures.
Conditional sentences contain two distinct parts: the if-clause (condition) and result. In both of these parts, the verb forms change according to the time.
– We will need to borrow money if taxes go up.
– If anyone calls here tomorrow, please take a message.
– If they won’t compromise, we will have to cancel the negotiations.
-If they were waiting for a counteroffer, they were wise.
-He would ask for an application if he wanted the job.
-If I earned more money, I could buy a better car.
-If she were easier to get along with, she would have more friends.
-He would have made a better choice if he had listened to our advice.
-They could have finished the project sooner if they had made a better work plan.
2) If the yield _________ up from 2.1 percent, it would have been the highest average yield since 1854.
3) They will import 250,000 more cars a year if international quotas set by the ministry ______ lifted.
4) If the government __________ an import fee, as it has threatened to do for years, prices of consumer goods will increase by at least 10 percent.
5. Their monetary unit _________ strong if they did something about their deficit.
6. If there had been benefits, such as options for savings and stocks, I __________ applying for the position.
7) If the wage parity agreement _________ approved, there might be a big problem.
8) The boss will offer James a huge promotion if he ________ to be more punctual.
9) This purchase __________ a poor decision if it had been made for investment purposes only.
10) If he had taken this particular train as was arranged for him in the original itinerary, he ________ on time for the meeting.
Category: education, englishTags: bangkok, cambodia, coaching, easyenglish, educaiton, efl, englishcourse, englishfriends, englishlanguage, englishslang, esl, expression, expressions, funenglish, hongkong, idioms, ielts, indonesia, japan, korea, language, learnenglish, malaysia, mongolia, philippines, phrase, phrases, saying, sayings, studying, taiwan, teacherslife, tefl, thailand, toefl, toeic, vocab