Welcome back to another blog on TOEIC! I’m bringing to you today the similar words. This is another one of those techniques whereas if mastered can bring you the great riches of a high score. Let’s get into it!
Some words are similar to others but have different meanings.
These are some words that look similar to each other:
These are some words that are related in meaning:
- Mr. Kim is allowed to drive that car whenever he pleases, but it really _______ to the manufacturing agency he works for.
2) You can ________ for any of the open positions at this company by sending your resume and a cover letter to the Human Resources office.
3) Once the two sides agreed to work on the issue __________, the work was completed very quickly.
4) The client requested the products and contract to be rewritten because several important clauses had been ________ from the original.
5) The directors were very happy to see that the company’s profits were __________ this quarter than during the previous five quarters.
6) Even thought it will mean higher rent, we’ve decided that the only good ______ for our store is westward in the CBD of New York.
7) When I asked him about the company’s leave policy, she told me to _________ the employees handbook.
8) A verbal __________ to repay the loan is not enough, so an agreement will need to be written up and signed by both parties.
9) All the basic ___________ clients need to known about our services is contained in this little pamphlet.
10) As soon as you submit the receipts, the company will _________ you for all costs related to your business trip.