A synonym is a word that has the same meaning as another word. When you learn a new word, list any synonyms that you know with it.
Cash = money
Enjoy = like
Synonyms: difficult, fast, happy, large, near, similar
- Hard =
- Glad =
- Big =
- Close =
- Alike =
- Quick =
Look at these six sentences. Match the nouns and verbs in bold to words 1-12 below.
- I need to speak to the reception at the counter.
- I want to purchase that car for my mother.
- Some Black Friday sales begin on Friday and end Sunday evening.
- Will that carpet fit into the back seat of your truck?
- Choose any present from this table.
- Please tell the kids to get to my house by 7pm tonight for dinner.
- children = 1. come =
- front desk = 2. finish =
- gift = 3. talk =
- vehicle = 4. start =
- rug = 5. pick =
- pick up = 6. buy =