“Let us repeat: The starting point of all achievement is definiteness of purpose with PMA. Remember this statement and ask yourself, What is my goal? What do I really want?
Based on the people we see in our PMA Science of Success course, we estimate that 98 out of every 100 persons who are dissatisfied with their world do not have a clear picture in their minds of the world they would like for themselves.
Think of it! Think of the people who drift aimlessly through life, dissatisfied, struggling against a great many things, but without a clear-cut goal. Can you state, right now, what it is that you want out of life? Fixing your goals may not be easy. It may even involve some painful self-examination. But it will be worth whatever effort it costs, because as soon as you can name your goal, you can expect to enjoy many advantages. These advantages come almost automatically.
1. The first great advantage is that your subconscious mind begins to work under a universal law: “What the mind of man can conceive and believe—the mind of man can achieve with PMA.” Because you visualize your intended destination, your subconscious mind is affected by this self-suggestion. It goes to work to help you get there.
2. Because you know what you want, there is a tendency for you to try to get on the right track and head in the right direction. You get into action.
3. Work now becomes fun. You are motivated to pay the price. You budget your time and money. You study, think, and plan. The more you think about your goals, the more enthusiastic you become. And with enthusiasm your desire turns into a burning desire.
4. You become alerted to opportunities that will help you achieve your objectives as they present themselves in your everyday experiences. Because you know what you want, you are more likely to recognize these opportunities. – Napoleon Hill
- This is the story of my life. How many times have I told you about auto-suggestion? I was just speaking to a student yesterday and he conferred about how often he sees negative suggestions of “black” people on t.v., ultimately created that perception within his mind. If your mother called you dumb, you probably became “dumb” because it was the negative suggestion of being called “dumb” by your mother. The bullying that happens in Japan….you hear the ignorant comments of other students and there’s nothing you can do but eventually take your life. These are suggestions. Instead of saying “I’m fat, I’m ugly, I’m black, I’m stupid,” use affirmations!
- Now, when you create the purpose, you can get on track and go after for what is yours in the universe.
- Remember when I said, “make work fun by completing things quicker compared to the day before”? When you’re in alignment with your goals, you become enthusiastic. When you begin to see results, that burning desire within your grows warmer and warmer. You just can’t get enough. It’s a high. A utopic HIGH. When you start seeing results like people getting in touch with you about business opportunities, it’s never-ending. You want MORE! You become insatiable!
- You start to recognize and bring in more opportunities such as the lady/author who wrote me recently.
THOUGHTS TO STEER BY
1. You can change your world! To achieve anything worthwhile in life it is necessary to set high goals for yourself and want to achieve them. Have you thought about the high goals you would like to achieve?
2. Imprint the 17 success principles indelibly in your memory. Have you memorized them?
3. Do you tend to “blame the world”? If you do, memorize the self-motivator: If the man is right, his world will be right. Is your immediate world right?
4. You were born to be a champion. For all practical purposes, you have inherited from the vast reservoir of the past all the potential abilities and powers you need to achieve your objectives. Are you willing to pay the price to develop your abilities and use the powers within you?
5. Identify yourself with a successful image, as Irving Ben Cooper did. Who will you select?
6. Ask yourself an important question: What will your picture say to you? Listen for the answer.
7. Definiteness of purpose with PMA is the starting point of all worthwhile achievement. Have you selected some definite, specific, desirable goal? Will you keep it in mind daily?
8. When you determine your definite aims, there is a tendency for several additional success principles to begin to operate automatically to help you achieve them.
9. Everyone has many talents for surmounting his special problems. What special talents do you think you have that you can develop?
10. Here is a formula that has helped many to change their world: What the mind of man can conceive and believe the mind of man can achieve with PMA. Have you memorized this formula?
A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE AND
DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE IS
THE STARTING POINT TOWARD ALL