Welcome back to another episode + podcast! I’m bringing to your some more basics in terms of grammar: the infinitive.
An infinitive is made of to + base verb
Infinitives follow verbs want, need, have, plan, hope, would like, and would love.
I need to study
I want to watch TV.
In my podcast, I will go over several answers that are written down below. Do the exercise first, then listen to my podcast down below.
1. Complete these sentences below. Use the correct form of the following verbs: book, buy, do, go, have, see, study, wash
- I have ____________ the dishes before I can leave.
- I would love _____________ a movie tonight. Are you free?
- All my clothes are dirty. I need _____________ my laundry.
- It’s a beautiful day. Do you want _____________ for a drive?
- I would like ______________ dinner at that new Mexican restaurant.
- I plan ______________ groceries on my way home from class.
- I can’t go out because I have ________________ for tomorrow’s exam.
- You don’t need __________________ the hotel in advance.
Put the words in the correct order to make questions.
- do / plan / What / to / you / do / this weekend?
- to / need / Do / you / do any chores / today?
- have / do / today / work / you / ?
- would / like / travel / where / you / to / someday