Word families are groups of words that relate to each other and form a “family.” If you know one word, you can guess the meaning of other words. This will improve your listening skills.
Enjoy (v.) ——-> enjoyment (n.)
Work with a partner. complete the word families in the chart.
Underline the correct word (in bold) in each sentence.
- It’s a custom, in many coutnries, to (decorate/decoration) a newly married couple’s car.
- A wedding takes months and months of prepare/preparation.
- For many cultures, white is a symbolize/symbol of cleanliness.
- Europeans began to settle/settler in Australia fairly recently.
- It can be hard for some children to behave/behavior well in class.
- The clean/cleanliness of this school is amazing.
- The celebrate/celebration of birth of his son lasted all night.