Notice how of is often reduced to /ə/ after quantifiers.
all of my classes “all /ə/ my classes”
a lot of my friends “a lot /ə/ my friends”
none of my classmates “none /ə/ my classmates”
Listen and complete the sentences. Then practice them. Reduce the pronunciation of of.
- _________________ people celebrate New Year’s Day.
- _________________ the students are preparing for that exam.
- _________________ her classmates are absent today.
- _________________ these photos are of this year’s festival.
2. Complete the sentences so that they’re true for you.
- _____________ of my friends like to travel.
- _____________ of my classmates are from Thailand.
- _____________ of my friends speak Russian.
- _____________ of my friends are old.
- _____________ of my favorite books are by British authors.
- _____________ of my workmates like to watch YouTube.