In countries like Thailand, not much etiquette is needed for ordering. However, in foreign countries (only giving America as an example), you’re normally welcomed by a very enthusiastic waitress. Here are some useful expressions for ordering food.
Useful expressions to order food
- Can I help you?
- What can I get you/What can I getchya? (get you, when combined by linking the sounds, sounds like getya or getchya).
- Are you ready to order?
- What would you like?
- Would you like a (side) with that?
- Can I get you anything to drink?
- Enjoy your meal!
- Here’s your change.
- Could I get a cheeseburger please?
- I think I will have the BLT.
- I’d like some apple juice.
- Have you got any/do you have any lemonade?
- How much is that? Can we have the bill?