Relative pronouns are my absolute FAVORITE. I never learned about these different types of sentences when I was back in grade school. Today I’ll be going over defining relative pronoun clauses, but my absolute favorites are the non-defining clauses. Get ready!
- Vietnam and Laos are two countries where I visit frequently.
- Napoleon Hill was the man who wrote “Think and Grow Rich.”
- It was the TV series which made me learn a lot about the medical field.
- He’s the character (that) I like the most.
- That was when I decided to move to Australia.
- They’re the TV shows that come from Japan.
- I don’t know whose idea it was.
a. people? who and that
b. things? which and that
c. possessions? whose
d. places? where
e. times? when
Match the sentences halves using appropriate relative pronouns
- Bangkok is a part of Thailand where a lot of tourists flock (go).
- Arsenio Buck is an English teacher
- Winter is a time
- Dale Carnegie was the writer
- Latin was the language
- Habla, hola and calle are words
- Danny and Steve are characters
a. a lot of people go to America to enjoy the frigid (very cold) temperatures
b. lives and teaches in Bangkok, Thailand.
c. appear in Hawaii Five-O.
d. a lot of tourists flock (go).
e. books became very popular in the 21st century.
f. come from Spanish.
g. they spoke in Ancient Rome.
Complete the sentences with true information about you.
- ______________ is a place where I’m usually happy.
- ______________ is an object which is really important to me.
- ______________ was a year when something special happened to me.
- ______________ is a person who is special to me.
- ______________ is a place where I want to go one day.
- ______________ is a language that I want to learn.
- ______________ is a film that I live.