1.A. Task Response (task 2)
- Did you answer the question fully? Are there two parts to the question? Did you write 250 words? Did you stick to the topic?
- Did you give your opinion clearly? (in the introduction or conclusion AND the topic sentences).
- Did you develop your points/paragraphs? (using difference sentence types, explanation, reason, result, contrast, concession, example)
B. Task Achievement (task 1)
- Did you include an overview? Did you pick out the main features? Did you illustrate your main points with statistics? Did you compare some information?
- Did you write 150 words?
2. Coherence & Cohesion
- Did you organize your ideas / paragraphs / sentences logically?
- Did you connect your sentences linking words and phrases?
- Did you refer back to earlier ideas by using ‘this’, ‘these’, pronouns and synonyms?
3. Lexical Resource
- Did you use “higher level’ (less common) words?
- Did you use formal words?
- Did you show that you can switch between noun, verb, adjective & adverb?
- Did you repeat the same words too often?
- Did you use words which “go together” naturally?
- Is your spelling accurate?
4. Grammar Range & Accuracy
- Did you use different tenses? Did you use active and passive voice?
- Did you use both simple and complex sentences (conditionals and relative clauses)?
- Did you write error-free sentences? Check your parts of speech. Check the punctuation, subject, verb agreement, general nouns, articles, etc.