Hello, all! I want to show you guys the basic of compound nouns that are connected with health and medicine.
First and foremost, we make compound nouns by joining two nouns or an adjective and a noun.
Here are some examples….
Health center (also known as a pharmacy, chemist, doctor’s office, hospital)
Now, in British English, some of these words aren’t used with hyphens. In American English, we use hyphens.
Match the words above with the definitions down below.
- A place where people wait, for example, to see the doctor.
- An illness you get from eating food that contains harmful bacteria.
- A building where people go to see a doctor or nurse.
- Basic medical help that you give to someone when they have an accident.
- A medicine that reduces pain.
- When somebody has a lot of pain in their chest and their heart stops working.