Compound adjectives are made by joining two words. Some words are connected with a hyphen (just as I stated in my episode of compound nouns), some words are not. In this case, and when describing qualities of individuals, you will use a hyphen. Let’s break some of these down.
Podcast spoiler – Listen to my podcast to hear the answers of 1-9. I encourage everyone to at least answer them and then listen.
Complete the compound adjectives in the definitions with the following words: under, easy, full, good, part, right/left, well
- When you work 4 of the required 8 hours. __________ -time
- Relaxed/calm personality. __________-going
- When you don’t get much money in your job. _________-paid
- When you work 8 hours a day. ___________-time
- When you get paid a decent amount of money. _________-paid
- I’m a _________-handed teacher.
- Women would call attractive men ___________-looking.
- A famous person is also ___________-known.
- Rich. ___________-off