Used to and didn’t use to can sometimes be confusing, so I decided to make a short blog and podcast about it.
- I used to walk to school when I was younger.
- They didn’t use to go to the University of Wisconsin.
Rules: We used to talk about about habits in the past.
Rules: After used to we use the infinitive (present simple).
I used to live in Las Vegas. Now I live in Bangkok. Complete the sentences with used to or didn’t use to.
- Arsenio _____________ speak Thai all the time.
- He _____________travel by bus to work.
- He _____________swim in the sea because there isn’t a sea in Las Vegas.
- He _____________ to see thousands of people on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Because his neighborhood was small, he ______________ know everybody who lived there.
- He _____________ wear warm clothes in December.
Task: Complete the sentences that are true for you. Use used to or didn’t use to.
- I ______________ practice English everyday.
- I ______________ like drawing and painting.
- I ______________ have a mobile phone.
- I ______________ read books in English.
- I ______________ spend a lot of time at home.
- I ______________ spend a lot of time alone.