There’s always time and room for understanding suffixes. These suffixes are used to describe a person’s state of “feeling.”
Which suffix, -ness, -ship, or -dom, can we add to the words down below?
Words: bored, free, friend, happy, ill, king, leader, lonely, mad, relation, sad, weak.
Answers in the podcast.
Complete the sentences using the noun form of the appropriate words above.
- That’s a crazy idea. It’s ______________!
- ___________ is being able to control and lead a group of people.
- To be the other team we need to find their _____________. There has to be something that they’re not good at.
- He loves the ______________ of being able to do what he likes, when he likes.
- What’s the _____________ between you guys? Are you guys boyfriend and girlfriend?
- The flu is a very common ____________.
- As the saying goes, money can’t buy you _______________.
- I think television is popular because of the _____________ that people feel when they have nothing to do.