We’re back with some more phrasals! One of my students from a long time ago told me that I should do more of these blogs/podcasts because it could be very difficult to follow. Well, I have some more on board today!
Talk + about = discuss.
Let’s discuss the repercussions of a warming ocean.
Let’s talk about the repercussions……….
Be prepared to use phrasal in discussions and conversations. Using phrasals correctly can make you sound more natural.
Discuss, as I’ve written before, is formal. Talk about is informal.
Talk + into = convince.
Hey, let’s try to talk her into going to Kazakhstan next spring!
1. Match the phrasal with their synonyms.
- Get up
- Point out
- Give up
- Turn into
- Get together
- Meet socially
- Rise from bed after sleeping
Complete the sentences with the phrasals from above.
- What time do you ______________ on the weekends?
- What task would you ______________ if you were too busy?
- If you could _______________ any animal, what would it be?
- What would you _______________ if someone was visiting your country for the first time? Positives or negatives?
- What do you like to do when you ___________________ with your associates and partners?