Welcome back to another episode, everyone! I’ve got some things you can do to improve your confidence, but most importantly, your friends make all the difference in the world.
- Remember that perfect doesn’t exist. You need to focus on improvement only. Perfection or being a perfectionist is a gateway to a discontent life. The most important things to focus on are what you’re good at and what you enjoy.
- Try new things. This is called getting out of your comfort zone. When you get out of your comfort zone, realize that you’re going to face and hit a lot of rejection. When this happens, you’ll be more prone to crawling back in your hole. Don’t do that. Face the failures of life and learn from them.
- Do exercise. This will help you reduce stress and become healthier and happier.
- Have realistic goals. I know, this is controversial topic, but if you’re taking a TOEIC or IELTS examination, aiming for an overall 8.5 or a 900 on TOEIC is unrealistic. It’s good to visualize it, but you’re going to be let down time after time. Having goals about learning English, vocabulary, and all other facets is the golden key to success.
- Celebrate your achievements. This is crucial. Got a compliment from a foreigner about your pronunciation? Celebrate it. Understand a song more than before? Celebrate it! Anytime you learn or achieve the small goals, please celebrate it!
- Be confident in your own opinions, ideas, and feelings. This is especially important. This will give you the self-esteem you don’t have. If you’re not confidence, everything else will fall off.
- Make contributions. Help a classmate who is having trouble. Give your parents a hand at home. Give someone at work a compliment. Help the blind lady (which I’ve done before) navigate her way up the stairs. Do it without expectation though!