Hello, everyone! I’m now bringing to you some intermediate homophones!
Homophones are words that have the same pronunciation but different meanings. For example, compliment and complement.
You can usually determine which word is being used by its context.
Flying Singapore Airlines must complement the overall trip
I was complimented by one of my colleagues today about my physique.
Look at these sentences down below and choose the best alternative.
- When choosing the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 World Cup, FIFA did not make a fare/fair decision.
- A doctor is just as successful as a store clerk, as long as they made/maid the decision to do their respective jobs/careers.
- The principle/principal of school has done a lot for children-at-risk.
- Applying to universities costs a large some/sum of money.
- America has the most overweight/overwait citizens, in any country, in the world.
- I need to contact and ask her weather/whether or not she’s going to come later on this afternoon.