We’re going over get collocations today! Lots of words are paired with “get,” and here are some of them.
- Get angry
- Get in trouble
- Get behind you
- Get started
- Get good grades
- Get help
- Get the message
- Get upset
- Get in shape
- Get wet
Complete the sentences with an expression from the Vocabulary skill box.
- I think this woman has been hurt. Can you ________________?
- If you can’t help her, just say no. She’ll _______________.
- Please don’t ________________. I didn’t mean to drop your phone.
- I need to join a gym so I can _______________.
- Those two always ______________ when they play together.
- Let’s __________________ soon. I want to finish by 7 p.m.
Complete the opinions with an expression from the box.
Vocabulary: get a job, get engaged, get home, get lost, get married, get permission, get ready, get the impression.
- I think when you ________________, it’s important to have a big wedding.
- I think it’s impossible to _________________ with maps and Google maps on our phones.
- It shouldn’t take anyone more than 20 minutes to ________________ for the game.
- I usually _________________ around 6pm on weekdays by train.