Oh! Back into the modal verbs! Love these like no tomorrow and of course, so happy to be back at them. Let’s dive into it.
- This must be a conspiracy theory.
- It might explain the words in his most famous speech ‘I have a dream.’
- It could explain why she always wore lots of makeup.
- Some scientists are indicating that global warming can’t happen this quickly.
- Some people think it may be true.
- It might not be just a story.
Task – Country Flags & General
1. It’s a republic.
It must/can’t be the UK because they have a royal family.
2. They speak Spanish there.
It must/might be Mexico because they speak Spanish there.
3. The capital city is Lima.
It must/may be Peru.
4. The currency is the Euro.
It could/can’t be lots of countries because 18 countries or more use Euros.
5. It’s a republic which has a president and a prime minister.
It may/can’t be a France or Italy because they both have a president and a prime minister.
6. Their national anthem is sometimes called “Fratelli d’Italia.’
It could/must be Italy.
[buzzsprout episode=’947443′ player=’true’]