Some great idioms for you travelers who will travel, or are already currently living abroad. Some nurses and hospital/clinic staff use idioms to cover up what’s actually being said. Here are some of them.
- I think I’m coming down with the flu.
- To be honest, I’m feeling a bit under the weather today.
- I work out in the gym to keep in shape.
- I had an amazing sleep last night so I feel like I’m on top of the world!
- “Riding this boat is really making me feel dizzy. I feel like I’m going to black out.”
- “Arsenio, stop worry. It’s only a minor cold. You’ll be back on your feet.”
- Don’t worry. I heard the diagnosis, but with chemotherapy, you’ll pull through.
a. lose consciousness
b. keep fit, in good physical condition
c. catch an illness, become sick with something.
d. recover from a serious illness or injury.
e. very healthy
f. recover after an illness.
g. not feel very well.