Here’s the second grammar section, which is a follow-up from the “present” modals I’ve already done.
- Some people might have known about her.
- This girl must have been the princess.
- She may have deceased.
- This could have happened anywhere, but unfortunately it happened here in Queensland.
- It couldn’t have been easy.
- They may not have realized the truth.
- The commander couldn’t have known.
Complete the sentences with past modal verbs and the verbs given.
- King Authur ________________(exist) but nobody really knows.
- If he really existed, he ________________(be) an amazing person because many stories were written about him.
- Merlin _______________(use) magic because magic doesn’t exist.
- The British poet Alfred Lord Tennyson __________________(like) the stories about Arthur because he wrote poems about him.
- Authur’s popularity ________________(disappear) because people are still making films and TV series about him now.