Welcome back, everyone! I do apologize for the episodes being everywhere (in the 60’s), but I’m just trying to push everything and catch up. Without further ado, let’s get into some of these sayings!
- Global Warming is making headlines all over the world.
- 350 million years ago Antarctica used to be a tropical climate. It made front-page news!
- The PM of Thailand held a press conference about the pollution hanging over the city of Bangkok.
- The next news item is great news for Bangkok commuters but terrible for drivers.
- We will keep you informed with the next breaking news.
- There has been a very surprising turn of events regardings Alibaba.
- Our website is the best for breaking news, bringing to you news updates at every moment.
- There was a newsflash earlier and it made my head turn.
Match the expressions in bold with their meanings down below.
- piece of news, individual story or article
- organize a meeting where journalists get information and ask questions about a particular piece of news
- become famous by being reported in the news
- reports containing all the latest news
- news that is appearing for the first time
- become important enough to appear on the first page of a newspaper
- a short broadcast of an important piece of news in the middle of a TV or radio program
- an expected change in a situation
- tell you all the essential information