Writing skills and three ways to brainstorm! One might be better for you than the other, but the goal is to find one that best helps you in writing articles, blogs, papers, or anything for that matter. Here’s the write up!
Before you write a longer text, such as an essay, you need to gather ideas so you will have something to organize and then write about. This idea – gathering is called brainstorming. Different methods of brainstorming suit different writers and different essay topics. Learning to brainstorm quickly will help you write better essays timed exams.
- Label the examples of brainstorming
chart free writing word map
flute player ◁ music ◁ Chosen traits ▷ cat lover ▷ kittens
classical music lover football fan
2. For me I think my most important personality traits are my achieved ones, I mean I can’t help the born ones ones I was born with so I don’t really count those.
If I had been born tallest, I could have been better at sports, I think, so I regret that a little, but I don’t think about it so much. I focus (sp??) more on what I can choice myself. When I acheive achieve something through my own efforts, it means more to me because
|short||honor student||flute player (or achieved)|
|black hair||high school graduate||Monterrey football fan!!|
|Mexican||driver’s license||cat lover|
2. Choose one of these topics. Brainstorm for five minutes using one of the methods above. Then brainstorm for another five minutes using a different method.
- An achieved personality trait I am proud of.
- An identity trait I want to change.
- A recent or new identity trait of mine.
- 3. Work with a partner. Which brainstorming method helped you get the most ideas? Which one would be easiest for you to write an essay from?