Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Season 4 – Episode 23 – Vocabulary – Compound Nouns (Cars & Road)
Welcome back to another ESL podcast! Boy, I’m falling behind on blogs. Forgive me, but everything will be normal very soon. Nonetheless, here’s a write up of what I talked about and spoke about!
- How important is it for you to get a driving licence?
- Do you agree that younger drivers are more dangerous than older drivers? Why/why not?
- What would you recommend to reduce the number of road accidents.
Fill in the blanks in the sentences down below with the compounds in 1/a (first compound them…then fill it in).
- It’s compulsory to wear a _______ in a car, but not many people wear it.
- The _______ in cities is 50 km an hour, but it should be about 35 km an hour.
- There are often ________ because too many people use their cars to travel to and from work.
- Cars in the future will be self-driving, so they won’t have a ________.
- You don’t need a map when you travel by car because the ____________ are clear.
- The number of accidents on ________ is very high because people travel too fast.
- Most drivers stop when the _________ are red or yellow.
- The minimum age to legally obtain a ____________ should be 24, not 16.