Presentations are here and let’s do a little bit of speaking.
What do you think these ideas mean?
- “When we go online, we enter an environment that promotes cursory reading, hurried, and distracted thinking, and superficial learning.”
- “We are evolving from being cultivators of personal knowledge to being hunters and gatherers in the electronic data forest.”
- “The printed page is in danger of being swept away on a tide of new technology.”
- “Information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment.”
Beginning your presentation
- I’d like to begin by saying….
- The first thing I’d like to say is….
Ordering your arguments
- What’s more
- It’s important to remember that
Presenting opposing points of view
- You can’t deny that….
- There’s no denying that…
- You can’t argue with the fact that…
Responding to opposing points of view
- Let’s not forget that….
- Whilst it’s true that…
- I would still say that
- Even so, I still believe that…
- That doesn’t alter my opinion that..
Concluding your presentation
- Returning to main main point
- To sum up,