We’re back into ESSAY writing! However, make sure you’re tuning into my Patreon so you can see me break down an essay. In this podcast, I will go over the writing bank and vocabulary.
On my patreon you will see an essay and me breaking down the paragraph, so make sure you’re tuned in over there!
Useful expression in for-and-against essays
- First and foremost
- what is more
- in addition
- not only…..but also
- a further advantage of
- On the one hand
- on the other hand
- in contrast
- in spite of (+ noun/)
- Despite the fact
- by the contrast
- and so
- as a result
- as a consequence
- In my opinion
- personally, I believe that
- My own view is that
- As far as I’m concerned
- it is said that
- In conclusion
- Last but not east
- All in all
- To summarize
Vocabulary – Causes, reasons, and results
Choose the correct alternative.
- The news has given rise/risen to a fierce debate.
- People are afraid of some scientific research since/as they don’t know what effects it might have.
- There is always a risk of accidental infection which could on its way/in turn, lead to a general pandemic.
- We still cannot know the full repercussions/all the negative consequences of artificially creating viruses.
- The second/side effects of some vaccines are still unknown.
- We must be careful because playing with nature could have disastrous/catastrophic results.
- The research could bring about/lead to changes in the way governments prepare.
- The news about the experiment sparked off/stemmed from a lot of criticism.
- I believe the research will prompt the government change/to change the law.
- Some experiments are risky due to/owing to the lack of proper precautions.