Welcome back to another developing vocabulary episode! Today we’re breaking down prepositional phrases. As always, I love doing these, so prepare yourself!
Complete the sentences with these words.
Account // addition // aid // behalf // means // process // strength // touch
- In _________ to the clothes she had bought, she needed to pay for gas, too.
- On____________ of my charity, all proceeds will be donated.
- She received a donation on _______ of Steven Spielberg
- They found her by ___________ of a campaign on T.V.
- The Librarian fined the student on the _____________ of the evidence.
- The interviewer accused the prime minister of being out of _______________ with what the public really thinks.
- I’d really like to thank you on _________ of all the people who are here.
- The council is in the _____________ of changing all public signs but has not yet finished.
Complete the sentences with a prepositional phrase from 1.
- He lives in a tiny village in the mountains so he’s ______________ what’s happening here in the city.
- The singer went to collect the prize ____________ the whole group.
- The match has been cancelled ______________ the rain.
- The house is a mess because we’re _____________ moving.
- The house was heated _____________ solar power.
- They gave her the job just _______________ her interview.
- They’re going to play a concert _______________ the earthquake victims.
- To visit the US you need a visa ________________ a valid passport.