Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Season 4 – Episode 67 – Vocabulary Development – Verbs for Talking about Change
We’re back with some more vocabulary development! In this blog and podcast, we’re going to talk about verbs that signal change.
- Make into
- Tear down
|To add or add to||To change the shape of||To take away or diminish|
Choose the correct word to compelte each sentence.
- That old building has been abandoned for years. It should be extended/torn down.
- Building a dam across the river completely transformed/replaced the countryside.
- If the city adds 20 kms to the road, it will be necessary to extend / replace the sidewalk as well.
- When I left for college, my parents decided to make/remodel my bedroom into a home office.
- According to this report, there are plans to develop / demolish the homes along the river and create a city park instead.
- If we could extend / develop the downtown area further, more businesses would be attracted to the area.
- The old bridge isn’t safe. it has to be torn down / replaced with a strong one.
- Unfortunately, a new train station design would cost too much money to demolish / remodel.