Welcome back to another amazing IELTS Writing! So, this probably will be the last unpaid blog and video I’ll be doing because these are super gems; however, I’ll continue doing other things generally (not specific) for you guys. This is going to be a MONSTER! So get ready!
You are going to learn about using the future passive and how to organize a comparison essay. You are then going to use these skills to write a short essay comparing two maps.
“The two maps show an area now and a development proposal. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features. Make comparisons where relevant.
- The two maps show the same area of land. The first map shows the area the way it is today, and the second map shows a proposal for development of the area.
- The area is approximately 25 square miles, and has some hills to the north and a river running through the center. The most noticeable difference is the removal of trees and natural area and the construction of transportation systems and buildings.
- The area is currently a forest. In the development proposal, most trees will be removed. While the river will remain unchanged, a small lake in the southwest will be filled in. Houses will be constructed on some of the open areas as well. Houses and stores will occupy much of the area.
- In addition, roads and a railroad will be constructed. The main road will run from east to west, and there will be a bridge over the river. A railroad will be built parallel to the road, and a bridge over the river will also be built. There will be houses and other buildings along some of the smaller roads.
Which of the paragraphs do these things? Write 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Summarize changes
- Discuss new construction
- Discuss removal of natural features
- Restate the writing prompt