Here’s a great listening and speaking podcast for you guys out there who are looking to improve your speaking. Teen tracking apps. Controversial? Let’s dive into some questions and then the audio.
- Do you have apps on your phone? How many? What do they do?
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of apps?
- What do you know about tracking apps?
Listen to a radio programme about teen tracking apps. Answer the questions using a maximum of four words for each one. Listen as many times as you need.
- In location apps, what do the dots represent?
- How can these apps analyze behavior?
- Why do the app companies license the technology?
- According to the psychologist, what do these apps suggest to teenagers?
- What does she say teenagers need to do?
- When Steve has to pick his children up, what does the app do?
- What is the general reason Steve installed the apps?
- How do Steve’s children feel about the apps?
- Which two groups of people can use the data form apps?
- What should you do to protect your privacy?
- What ideas support the use of tracking apps?
- What arguments are there against the apps?
- On balance, are you in favor or against them? Why?
- What predictions can you make about the use of tracking apps in the future?