Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Season 4 – Episode 83 – Pronunciation: Rising Intonation in Yes/No Questions
We’re back with some more rising intonation! Today’s focus will be on yes/no questions.
In North American English, the intonation generally rises at the end of yes/no questions. In British English, it falls.
Practice in the podcast!
- Do the buses run after ten o’clock?
- Are we going to review today?
- Is it supposed to rain?
- Can you get to Denver by train?
- Hello. Is Mark available?
- Do you serve dinner on Fridays?
- Can you eat fried chicken with your fingers?
- Could you hold for a minute?