Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Season 4 – Episode 107 – Pronunciation Skill – Weak Form of As
Super happy to bring pronunciation back to you guys. In today’s episode, we’re going to talk about how enunciating the word “as” is often “weak” and sounds like it’s just a schwa. It can be difficult to hear the difference, but it is important to listen for it in order to better understand lectures and conversations.
Circle the weak forms of as.
- They have difficulties categorizing and making decisions, as Dr. Taylor noted earlier.
- It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.
- I’ll write some needs for each level of the pyramid, and you can suggest some, as well.
- That’s as basic as you can get.
- If you’re a painter, you want to be as good as you can.
- There’s also the need to help the group as a whole succeed.