Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Season 4 – Episode 110 – Vocabulary – Compound Adjectives – Parts of The Body
There’s nothing like compound adjectives! Here are some more, and some are hyphenated; others are not. Be careful how to use them, as well as some great speaking in the podcast!
- making you feel happy, usually because other people are being kind
- attractive or unusual and therefore noticed
- used to describe a situation that makes you very unhappy because you think it will never improve
- used to describe a situation that makes you very excited, worried, or tense
- extremely impressive, exciting or shocking (informal)
- very frightening
- very frightening, but often exciting at the same time
- very fast, at ____________ speed
- used to describe a situation that shows you something surprising that you didn’t know before
- very loud
Have you ever traveled at break________speed? When?
Have you ever witnessed a ___________warming scene? What happened?
What’s the most ___________-splitting sound you’ve ever heard?
What’s the most __________-raising thing you’ve ever done?
What’s the most ___________-blowing film you’ve ever seen?
What’s the most ___________-biting sports even that you’ve seen?