Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Season 4 – Episode 121 – Developing Vocabulary – Verb-Noun Collocations
I got great reviews from my raving fans about putting small exercises on my Instagram and facebook page, so here are some more verb-noun collocations.
- Embark on
- take up
- adversity, fear, obstacle, resistance, problem, setback
- Career, hobby, post, position
- career, course, project, venture
- confidence, insight, knowledge, experience, qualification, understanding
- problem, situation, pain, change
- investigation, study, survey, task, analysis
Use collocations from above to rewrite the underlined section in each sentence. You may need to add other words, too.
- I have too much free time. I should start a new pasttime. take up a new hobby
- He started working as a journalist.
- We need to ask people their opinions of the product.
- She’s becoming more and more sure of herself each day.
- I’ve dealt successfully with lots of negative issues since I started working here.
- We began to understand how a company works.
- He began to work as a manager of the company in 2012.
- I never want to live through a similar event again.