Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Season 4 – Episode 123 – Vocabulary – Talking About Internships
We’re back with some great phrases, expressions and idioms that relates to internships! Hope you guys enjoy this and be sure to match the words in bold with their definitions!
- Your parents have to support you financially.
- Regular workers think you’re just passing through.
- You reach the point where you want a decent salary.
- You have to learn to stand up for yourself.
- You get a foot in the business.
- You’re under the nose of the people who are recruiting.
- Companies take you for granted and don’t give proper training.
- It’s sometimes difficult to make ends meet without a proper salary.
- expect you to always be there and don’t value you enough
- arrivate at a time or situation
- have just enough money to survive
- be assertive about your needs
- get the opportunity to start working in a particular field
- provide money, food, or accommodation to enable you to live
- clearly visible because you are near
- be at a place for a short time before moving on to another place.