Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Life Skills – Succeeding in Interviews
Here is a HUGEEEEE podcast that will help a many of you out there who are possibly going in for jobs in the future. Interviews, a controversial topic, is what we’ll be focusing on today. We need to do some speaking, as well as ironing out the details of dos and don’ts for a job interview.
- Have you ever had an
interview? If so, when and what for?
- When and why do you expect
to be interviewed in the future?
- How well-prepared for an
interview do you think you are right now? Why?
- Don’t lie.
- Do turn off your mobile.
- Do find out where the venue is beforehand, how to get there and how long it takes.
- Don’t read from notes or your CB.
- Do find out what kind of interview it will be beforehand so you can prepare.
- Do prepare answers for the main questions – for example, ‘why do you want the job?’
- Do quote real examples of when you’ve used certain skills.
- Don’t ask about money.
- Don’t ask for feedback on your performance at the interview.
- Don’t be late.
- Do dress smartly, look bright and attentive and speak clearly and coherently.
- Don’t use slang words.
- DON’T criticize former colleagues.
Remember, videos, reading, more interview tips, things to avoid and a real life-task is on my PATREON!