We’re here with some discussion points! How interesting is this podcast going to be? Well, you know me. You can also use the questions down below as free-writing activities. Tune into the podcast and look at the ultimate facts.
How humans have gathered together12,000 years ago – 5-8 million people lived in small groups spread out around the world.
200 years ago — 3% of the world’s population lived in cities.
Today – There are 28 mega-cities (cities with more than ten million people)
More than half the world’s population lives in urban communities.
There are 17 virtual communities of 100 million or more active users.
- What benefits do individuals get from being with others?
- What are the disadvantages of being in a community?
- What causes communities to form?
- What will happen to physical communities in the future?
- Is community a positive or negative word? Why?