Oh, back-to-back days of discussion points? LET’S GO!
So remember, e-commerce — over 60% of internet users around the world bought something online last year.
370 billion spent online in 2016, and by the time 2020 rolls around, 615 billion expected to be spent online. Here are some more fun facts.
- If Facebook were a country, it’d be the biggest country in the world with 1.7 billion users.
- 26 billion spent on social media ads in 2016.
- Less than 20% of Americans surveyed say they have used click-to-buy buttons on social media site.
- 4.1 billion social media users on the top 8 social media networks in 2016.
- 35% of people use social media sites to find goods to purchase.
- 70% of 18-35 year-olds say social media influences their clothing purchases.
- Over 60% of marketers advise their clients to invest heavily in social commerce.
- Which one surprises you the most?
- HOw has social media influenced or changed shopping habits?
- Do you find targeted advertising on social media useful or invasive? Why?