Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Season 5 – Episode 4 – Vocabulary – Achievements & Difficulties
Welcome back to another vocabulary! Today is the first episode of vocabulary in season 5, and we’re getting into some good stuff. Here goes some vocabulary words and other questions for you!
- Studying for four weeks without a break was quite a trial and it was hard for me to overcome.
- My first obstacle when I joined the band was persuading the other members to change the name.
- It’s a huge undertaking to train for a marathon — it takes a lot of time and commitment.
- Jack was telling me about his incredible exploits when he was backpacking around Australia.
- The pilot flew a solar-powered plane 3,500 miles in under 80 hours — a remarkable accomplishment.
Words that are synonymous with the ones in bold: adventures, feat, hurdle, mission, ordeal
- A lack of money is the biggest trial/obstacle to success in life.
- People watch crazy sports on TV just to see if the participants will get hurt during their dangerous exploits/ordeals.
- When the Falcon Heavy Shuttle had taken off two years ago, it was a fantastic accomplishment/mission for Elon Musk.
- Overcoming negative opinions will be the main ordeal/hurdle anyone has to get over in their journey of life.
- Getting an excellent at LVI back in 2003 was an incredible feat/adventure for me.