I’ve got a special request from someone to do a TOEIC lesson! Parts 1 and 5 are on the board today, and I’ll be diving into photographs and grammar basics. I hope you guys enjoy this!
Let’s break down some of these incomplete sentences. I’ve covered this at some point a long time ago, but it’s always good to go back and check them out!
2. The rise in steel prices has resulted in a ____________ increase in our production costs.
3. While Jane was at college, she _____________ to her sister every week.
4. The project team found it very difficult to hide their ___________ over the rejection.
5. I heard that the board gave our project proposal a very __________ review.
6. The delegates seemed to find the presentation very __________.
How to use though, although, even though, and but.
Even though/although is a contradiction of ideas. The subway was crowded even though it was early in the morning.
Although we planned the agenda carefully, the meeting ran over time.
But shows a contrast in ideas. “I would love to go, but I’m busy this evening.”
More information, here’s my blog: https://thearseniobuckshow.com/2019/05/06/arsenios-esl-podcast-season-4-episode-46-grammar-adverb-clauses-of-concession/