Arsenio’s ESL Podcast: Season 5 – Episode 17 – Listening – Career Success – IELTS (Fill In The Gap) Exercise
Welcome back to another listening and today will be featuring a close listening technique for IELTS learners around the globe. Here’s the “fill in the blank” technique!
In note completion activities, look at the notes before you listen. There will be a word or phrase, such as a name or date, to help you locate the information you need. This is particularly important in situations where you only hear the recording once.
Complete the notes
- sweets were placed in front of a _____________
- the experiment found that ___________ is important for career success
- those who passed the marshmallow test dealt better with __________ later in life
Professor Carol Dweck’s Research
- success in _______ at school does not necessarily lead to career success
- boys get more _______ at school than girls, which helps them later
- playing sports teaches you how to accept ____________
Dunning and Ehrlinger’s Research
- ‘science’ experiment showed that _____________ is not related to ability
- workers at one multinational company who believed they deserved _____________ were often more successful