We’re here with some discussion points today! We’ll be discussing three of the following discussion points. First, we need to check out this info graphic.
- Elon musk invested his last $25 million to keep Tesla afloat in 2008. Company is now worth 83 billion.
- Sylvester Stallone, actor/screenwriter refused to sell screenplay for Rocky unless he had the lead role. Accepted a much smaller prices as a result. Film earned him millions and launched his career.
- Renee Lawson Hardy of Whole Foods Market started the company in the 1970s when local, organic food wasn’t on consumers’ radar. Now one of the biggest supermarkets in the USA.
- David Choe, a graffiti artist, agreed to decorate the first Facebook office in exchange for company stocks and not cash. That stock’s now worth $200m.
- Zhou Qunfrei, founder of Lens Technology, gave her customers the names of her key competitors in a bid to expand the size of the market. Now worth $9 billion.
- Mark Puncus, CEO of Zynga, rejected his final chance at funding his first company to maintain control. Managed to receive funding later and sold the company at a good profit.
- Which person in the infographic took the biggest risk?
- How important do you think risk is in business? Why? How can business people mitigate risks?
- What risks do people take in their family life, social life, work life, and leisure time?