For the long reading, you’re going to have to listen and answer the questions down below in my podcast. With that being said, you have two tasks: completing the statements with no more than one word (IELTS style) and True, False, or Not Given. Tune in!
- Dopamine is only able to fill a cell when the receptor is not ______________.
- In a study in New York, participants had to say if they were _________________ about or keen on doing new activities.
- The New York research produced similar results to studies conducted on _________.
- Dopamine creates a feeling of pleasure which some people find _____________.
- Sensation-seeking is a characteristic which causes people to seek ______________in new activities.
- Zuckerman’s research suggests the sensation-seeking trait has ______________ key aspects to it.
Listen again. Are these sentences T, F, or NG?
- Risk-taking is a characteristic like sensation-seeking. ____
- Whether a person has the sensation-seeking trait is partially decided by person’s biological makeup. ____
- A person’s prefrontal cortex is fully formed before they reach adulthood. ____
- It is possible to work out when a prefrontal cortex will develop in some children. ____
- Women are more likely to take risks in situations they have less experience of. ____
- The writer concludes that the causes of risk-taking discussed in the article are definitive. __
Pronunciation Course Phase II: https://www.udemy.com/share/102wQS/
Pronunciation Course Phase 1: https://www.udemy.com/course/arsenios-american-esl-pronunciation-phase-1/?referralCode=8C3941AAFB58102377C4
Book A Call With Me: https://calendly.com/arseniobuck/45min
Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/7hdzplWx6xB8mhwDJYiP6f
Podcast on ListenNote: https://www.listennotes.com/c/778cf3cfd2564ba5b01f693bfebc96de/arsenio-s-esl-podcast/
Podcast on CastBox: https://castbox.fm/channel/Arsenio’s-ESL-Podcast-id1251433?country=us
Q & A: ArsenioBuck@icloud.com
Buzz sprout: https://www.buzzsprout.com/165390