We’re back with collocations! A lot of you love my developing vocabulary segments, and I do apologize for this specific genre going on a hiatus, but it has come back stronger than ever with a powerful punch. Let’s get into these.
Which of these phrases collocate with communication or voice.
- in regular
- speak with one
- a breakdown of
- at the top of your
- raise-lower your
- a means of
- a tone of
Complete the sentences down below with the collocations from above. You may need to change the expression.
- I tried texting, calling and emailing, but got no reply so we need to find out what is the best ____________ for her.
- I think he probably doesn’t realize that his __________ can often sound quite defensive or even hostile.
- In my view, __________ is always preferable as it gives you the opportunity to read a person’s body language.
- Daniel was shouting, ________ but Emma still couldn’t hear him because of the noise.
- It will be more effective if we all _________ and present a united front when we ask the coach to change his training techniques.
- There was a _____________ because all our phones were out of range and there were no landlines available.
- The rescue parts was ____________ with the injured climber via mobile phone until they located her.
- He was having trouble concentrating so he asked his friends to _________.
Which verb do these phrases collocate with?
- be about to...... - hate to....... - have nothing to.......- hear someone...... - not be on.........terms - not trust yourself to ....... - .....out against -- ......someone what you think - ......the difference - ......the truth - ..........you so - .......your mind. Say Speak Tell