Welcome back to another vocabulary development exercise, and I think this was a very important one for me to do because we need to become more eco-conscious. So, vocabulary development, matching definitions, filling in the text and OF COURSE — discussion questions.
- to development new products or services in addition to the ones you already provide
- a flat piece of wood, glass, or other material that forms part of something
- to start
- the workers in a particular industry or company considered as a group
- the process of making a plan, idea, etc., start to work and be used
- to officially ask for a piece of work to be done for you
- to some degree, but not a large degree
- forming an essential part of something
Complete the text with the words above.
Making Homes Green
Many people think only of solar _________ when they imagine an eco-friendly home, but there are other options, too, for example, wood from sustainable forests for kitchens, flooring, or under floor heating.
The source of materials is ____________ to eco-friendly homes and materials should be natural and locally sources where possible. Access to these materials has __________ improved in recent years, with some construction supply companies choosing to ___________ and offer greener alternatives.
Some land owners are choosing to build their own eco-friendly homes, but before ___________ a project, they should device a clear plan in consultation with construction professionals so that its _________ is as smooth as possible. They should ensure sufficient funds are allocated to the project and decide whether to supply the ___________ themselves or _________ a third party.Skillful Level 4
- How eco-friendly do you think the homes are in your area?
- What would make them more eco-friendly?
- Would you ever consider building your own home? Why/whynot?
Premium Business English Podcast: https://www.mocha.fm/creator/thearseniobuckshow
Pronunciation Course Phase III: https://www.udemy.com/share/102DYQ/
Pronunciation Course Phase II: https://www.udemy.com/share/102wQS/
Pronunciation Course Phase 1: https://www.udemy.com/course/arsenios-american-esl-pronunciation-phase-1/?referralCode=8C3941AAFB58102377C4
Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/7hdzplWx6xB8mhwDJYiP6f
Podcast on ListenNote: https://www.listennotes.com/c/778cf3cfd2564ba5b01f693bfebc96de/arsenio-s-esl-podcast/
Podcast on CastBox: https://castbox.fm/channel/Arsenio’s-ESL-Podcast-id1251433?country=us
Q & A: ArsenioBuck@icloud.com
Buzz sprout: https://www.buzzsprout.com/165390