Here’s a short blog/podcast on consequence phrases that could improve your writing and switch up the phrases you use.
Match the causes (1-8) with their effects (a-h)
- As a consequence of their upbringing children with ____
- Teenager behavior may be influence by ____
- Poor academic performance may result in ____
- The desire to gain the approval of their peers may prompt ___
- Risk-taking can trigger ___
- the onset of adolescence may bring about ____
- Criminal tendencies stem from ____
- Sleep deprivation can exert a direct influence on ____
a. low self-esteem and a propensity toward criminality.
b. teenagers to behave in a delinquent manner.
c. criminal parents are more likely to display criminal tendencies.
d. a combination of genetics and social environment.
e. a hard-wired desire to seek out risk.
f. teenage emotions and behavior.
g. an increase in delinquent behavior.
h. a rush of dopamine in the adolescent brain.
Choose the correct word or phrase to complete the sentences.
- Labelling someone a criminal can trigger / may result from increased propensity for crime.
- Criminal behavior may be influenced by / exert a direct influence on levels of intelligence.
- Teenage delinquency may prompt / result from a desire to seek out reward.
- Many claim that criminal tendencies trigger / stem from a disruptive upbringing.
- Better understanding of teenage brain development may prompt / result from changes in the judicial system.
- The onset of adolescence stems from / brings about dramatic changes in the teenage brain.