Welcome back to the TOEIC blog, everyone! This is a recap of everything I talked about in my last podcast/video (down below). So let’s dive into some small snips.
Offers start with the would, could, can, may, or do you need.
- Would you like some help?
- Do you need anything from the store?
- May I leave early?
These somewhat fall under the same modals, but the sentence structures are slightly different.
- Could you tell me how to get to….
- Would mind if I borrow your pen?
- Could I borrow your phone to make a call?
These are loaded with question words, so you need to listen with intent by hearing what’s being asked and listening for the closest answer.
- How was his presentation?
- I don’t think we’ll find a lower one.
- Good. He really is an amusing speaker.
- Social interaction, including offers, requests and opinions, is a common feature of Part 2.
- Common distractors from this section include use of the same word/similar sounds or incorrect meaning.
- Repeat each question and answer choice silently after you hear it. This will help you to remember and compare the meaning.
Listen for more in the podcast down below!