We’re back with another ESL podcast! In today’s podcast, we’ll be discussing donations, offering, NGOs (real — not money-grabbers) and helping strangers by having a strong moral duty. Let’s dive into the vocabulary and then the story-telling!
Choose the correct alternative.
- The decision raised a storm of protests/campaigns among people living in the countryside.
- It’s his own fault. He’ll get no empathy/sympathy from me.
- Voluntary/Vocational courses offer job-focused training for specific roles or careers.
- Exercise is beneficial/profitable to your health.
- Rosie has made a massive donation/contribution to the project, putting in lots of late nights and extra hours.
- Have you been watching that new detective series? It’s intriguing!! What do you think is the motive/incentive behind the crime?
Complete these questions with words above. Then discuss them with someone.
- How much ____________ do you have for celebrities whose private lives are exposed in the media?
- Do you agree that a person doing ___________ work should not expect a high salary?
- Which group of people do you think should receive greatest recognition for their _________ to society?
- In your opinion, is it OK for parents to offer their teenagers money as an ___________ to study hard?
- Do government ____________ aimed at changing the behavior of young people work? Why/why not?