Because I’ve been teaching a lot of IELTS students, I decided to do some academic words vocabulary for you guys. Again, my storytelling is always the funnest, so make sure you tune into the podcast down below. If not, do the matching and the sentence completions.
- accumulation (n)
- compile (v)
a. the right or ability to make a judgement or decision
b. not easily changed
c. the process by which something increases in amount
d. to keep something within strict limits
e. to make sure that a law or rule is obeyed by people
f. felt or done in the same way by each of two or more people
g. continuing to do something in a determined way
h. to make something by bringing together information from different places
Complete each sentence with a word in bold from Exercise 1.
- The government should _____________ tighter controls on news channels.
- Broadcasting companies should ___________ content more to protect children.
- Definition of “news” are too ___________ in the era of social media.
- You need to be ________ if you want to bring about major changes at work.
- The ____________ of online information will lead to problems for us all in the future.
- To make big changes, you need to ___________ evidence to show these changes are needed
- ____________ is needed when posting online because what is private now could be public in the future.
- Changes in news delivery have been of _____________ benefit for those involved.